The 2017-2018 Sparkidz Saturday program will begin September 16, 2017. Activities are held at the PS 6 The Lillie Devereaux Blake School, conveniently located at 45 East 81st Street, New York, New York 10028. Programming takes place from 10:30AM to 3:30PM in club-like environment where children with special needs can build friendships and participate in challenging new activities.
Sparkidz programming helps children discover new interests and talents with the assistance of our professional teaching artists.
- Visual Arts: Children complete projects through different artistic methods including painting, drawing, sculpting.
- Culinary Arts: There will be opportunities to learn practical and more exotic types of cooking including breakfast, lunch preparation as well as pastries and ice cream making.
- Performing Arts: Children participate in a wide range of theater, music and dance activities where they can enhance forms of self-expression.
- Sports/Fitness: Children can participate in a variety of popular athletic activities including basketball, kickball, dodge ball, yoga, Zumba and more!
- Technology / STEM: Children will have access to a state of the art computer lab where they can play games, learn new technology skills and explore interesting programs.
- Outdoor space and playgrounds: From a quick walk to Central Park to outdoor activities on the fenced in roof area and street playground, outdoor activities will be offered as much as possible as weather permits.